Welcome back to our Britannia Dental Friends and Families!
We are excited to announce that our office has reopened for both hygiene and dental appointments. We are committed to improving the oral health of our patients and to keeping each other safe during this time. We will be strictly following all guidelines from the Alberta Dental Association and the Alberta Dental Hygiene Association. With that in mind, your visit to us will look a little different. Below is a summary of some of our new safety protocols.
1. Screening: All patients will be pre-screened on the phone and must complete a questionnaire prior to each appointment. It is to ensure that anyone that has symptoms, has been in contact with anyone with COVID-19, or has recently traveled will not be permitted in our office. If you are feeling unwell, please keep everyone safe by rescheduling your appointment.
2. Arrival for your appointment: We will be minimizing the number of patients that will be in our office at any time. We are asking everyone that has a mask or face covering to wear it to and from their appointments. When you arrive, please wait in your vehicle and let us know that you are here. We will ask you to come upstairs when the room is completely set up and ready. Upon entering, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer, your temperature will be taken with a touchless thermometer, and you will be asked to rinse with a peroxide-containing mouthrinse before being seated in the dental chair.
3. Practitioner guidelines: Every member of our team will be required to answer a questionnaire and have their temperature taken each morning when we arrive to work. When physical distancing is not possible, we will be wearing masks at all times. For any hygiene appointments, Theresa will be hand scaling only (no ultrasonic scaling and no polishing), as per the AB Hygiene Association guidelines. For any dental appointments that generate aerosols (ie: fillings, crowns, root canals, extractions) we will be wearing approved respirators, caps, gowns, and face shields. We may look different, but it's still the same caring people under all that gear.
4. Disinfection of the office: In addition to the usual high level of cleanliness of our office and sterility of all instruments, all surfaces and possible touch points will be sanitized after every patient. We have also installed air purifiers in each treatment room and the reception area, which will filter out and remove any airborne aerosols or viruses.
5. Other notes: Please note that no companions will be permitted in the office or reception area at this time. Exceptions are caregivers for children, elderly, or persons with a disability. We kindly ask other companions to wait in their cars or stay at home.
If you have any questions about these changes, please call our office and we'd be happy to discuss them with you. We hope your families are well, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Dr. Jolann Benson and the team at Britannia Dental